Openseach and IE7 Beta 2 update

The Opensearch spec that I wrote the other day was a little inaccurate, thanks to Michael Fagan for the comment.

Nice. I look forward to the day when all blogs offer this.Btw, your
ShortName is much longer than 16 characters, the maximum, so you should be using
LongName instead.

. Also, while your OpenSearch Description file is correct, your display on the
blog post uses some lowercase characters when they should be in uppercase.
Somebody might get confused if they copy that and find out it doesn't

I have ammended the XML so that it is more in line with the spec and includes along name. I have also added in a URL for RSS results based off Google's Blog search.

One thing it doesn't do is integrate into because the search engine is not on my domain. It is a pity really, but I can see why they do it. I could route all the search results through a proxy script but I think that would be even more unfair to Google.

Technorati Tags
[feed], [feed], [feed], [feed], [feed], [feed], [feed], [feed]

Related Wikipedia Documents
, , , , ,

My Related Documents
, , , , ,

Related Amazon Books
The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture: / The Google Story: / Winning Results with Google Adwords: / Building Your Business with Google for Dummies: / Beginning RSS and Atom Programming: / RSS and Atom: Understanding and Implementing Content Feeds and Syndication: / Content Syndication with RSS: / RSS and Atom Hacks: /